November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

I have a lot to post about regarding our special day today and Ava's trip to Jackson yesterday, but right now it is all over shadowed by an almost-outside-of-our-family problem that has nearly resolved itself in the last few weeks.  The situation is unique and personal to our children, not something I would necessarily find appropriate to blog about, but I do feel led to remind others of a verse that seems to not only have helped us, but is perfect for today, Thanksgiving Day.

Phil. 4:6 - "We tell God our problems, making our requests known to Him with thanksgiving." 

God has amazing timing.  I regret ever doubting him with any of our painful situations. I am disappointed that I ever felt like our needs weren't being met, because even when we suffered or hurt, or when our children suffered or hurt, I understand now that the prayer was being answered, He was just making sure the kinks were worked out before He gave control back to us. I promise my next post won't be so weird or short. I really just wanted to say I hope all of you remembered to thank Him for blessings you have already received or problems He has already resolved.  If you haven't received them yet, just keep praying. He will  answer it how He's supposed to, when he's supposed to, and we should never take a break from our gratitude because our timing is different from His.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Happy Thanksgiving Drew, Dylan, Connor, and Abuh.  Like Dylan says, you four are my favorites and you rock like the Beatles but better. Like Connor says, I love you as much as you love me but  probably a little bit more. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment